Released January 12, 2012.
Available on 2-Disc CD worldwide, excluding US and Canada.
Not available for delivery in the US or Canada.
For The Question Jar Show, Mike Doughty's audience wrote notes on scraps of paper, and put them in a jar onstage. Doughty and his droll, eccentric sidekick and cello player, Andrew 'Scrap' Livingston, answered them between songs. They included:
'How many virgins to you have waiting for you in heaven, and what are their names?'
'How come there are no songs called 'Bridget'?'
'What really happens in a black hole?'
'Why did you write a song called 'Nectarine', but not one called
'Would you please sing 'Party in the USA', and use your magic powers to
get Miley Cyrus to stop singing it?'
'When you die, what curse will you put on your tomb to wreak revenge
on those who disturb your eternal rest?'
When not answering questions, Doughty and Scrap played stripped down, rhythmically intense, and haunting version of Doughty's
best songs, including '27 Jennifers,' 'Busting Up a Starbucks,' and 'Looking at the World From the Bottom of a Well.'
1. Looking at the World from the Bottom of a Well
2. Busting Up a Starbucks
4. (I Keep On) Rising Up
7. (You Should Be) Doubly (Gratified)
8. I Wrote a Song About Your Car
9. Like a Luminous Girl
10. Stripper/Naked/Real Love
11. Shunned + Falsified
12. Rising Sign
13. (He's Got the) Whole World (In His Hands)
14. Madeline and Nine
2. Nectarine, Pt. 2
3. Navigating by the Stars at Night
4. Down on the River by the Sugar Plant
5. I Hear the Bells
6. Keeping Watch Over Some Cow
7. Tattoos/King Diamond/Repertoire
8. Grey Ghost
9. Tremendous Brunettes
10. (I Want To) Burn You (Down)
11. 27 Jennifers
12. Tomb/Girlfriend/Break the Rules
13. Put It Down/Pleasure on Credit
14. Your Misfortune